- About us
- Where we work
- Strategic Partners
- Free Resources
- Contact us
Entry level for a Career Position in a growing company.
Work from home. Training provided. Fun work environment. Generous bonus program.
Green Insight is a LEED for Homes Provider with locations in New Mexico and Colorado. We make homes more efficient and comfortable through application of building science. Most of our work is new construction, but we also work on existing homes. The work of a Field Technician is varied and challenging.
This is an entry level position with Green Insight with plenty of potential to grow. The Field Technician works under the direct supervision of a certified home energy rater, conducting building takeoffs, inspections, and performance tests to produce a home energy rating. The Field Technician also assists the LEED for Homes Green Rater in inspection and documentation of some LEED checklist items and is expected to pitch in on various administrative tasks (we all do). The Field Technician spends roughly 75% of their time in the field and 25% in the office, depending on project cycles and training needs.
Green Insight works with passion for excellent customer service, unwavering integrity, and accountability for us and others. We are dedicated to continued self-improvement and decisions based on the most current building science.
We are a remote company; all Green Insight employees work from home.
Full Time, starting at $18/hr with increases as certifications are earned. The typical Field Technician is up to $20/hr within 3-6 months. No experience required; training provided. Benefits include paid time off, retirement plan, paid continuing education, and a generous bonus program.
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Organized and self-motivated, with a great work ethic
- Customer service-oriented
- Capable of working in a team environment
- Fun to be around
- Ability to use the language of residential construction & building practice
- Basic computer skills
- Physical capability to carry heavy equipment (~50 lbs.), climb ladders, and perform other physically demanding aspects of home energy rating
- Own personal vehicle capable of carrying building testing equipment (+ valid NM driver's license & proof of insurance)
- A location at your home to set up a workstation
- Availability to travel (generally only overnight)
You might have:
- Experience in the construction field, including blueprint reading
- Knowledge of residential HVAC systems
- Experience conducting energy audits
We use several different computer programs and apps, and knowledge or experience in any of these is desired.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
To apply for this position, send the following information to the email address below.
- Letter introducing yourself (body of email)
- Your resume (email attachment)
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To prove that you are a meticulous reader, you must include the following subject line when you send your resume: "Field Tech position: My resume for your consideration."
This position is open until filled.
Download the job description and application instructions.
Clint Wood, Homeowner, Bellvue, CO
Green Insight recently tested my very small and unconventional home for air leakage. It was a very pleasant experience. They responded promptly to my emails and phone calls, showed up on time, and went out of their way to answer my questions about not only the process but the theory behind the... Read More
Santa Fe Civic Housing Authority completed the first 111 affordable LEED for Homes units in the Santa Fe area – Villa Alegre Phase 1 and 2. The project broke ground in June of 2010 and achieved platinum certification in November of 2012. The... Read More