- About us
- Where we work
- Strategic Partners
- Free Resources
- Contact us
Download Job Announcement pdf here.
Our company is looking for an experienced Accountant/Bookkeeper to assist in managing the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. The Accountant/Bookkeeper coordinates directly with the CEO and is responsible for posting transactions and maintenance of the financial records according to generally accepted accounting practices. Confidentiality, excellent organization skills, accuracy, technical savvy, and ability to work independently are important qualifications for this position.
This independent contractor position is part-time (6-10 hours per month), and the Accountant/Bookkeeper will work remotely at the location of their choosing.
- Balance and reconcile all accounts monthly
- Record weekly deposits
- Enter accounts payable and process check runs twice monthly
- Process monthly reimbursements
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain all required financial records/files
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, income statement, and balance sheets
- Prepare monthly state tax returns
- Prepare 1099’s and any other regulatory reports for independent contractors at year end
- Maintain general ledger, prepare and post journal entries for month end and year end reporting
- Learn new accounting requirements and software system changes as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Part Time, Independent Contractor, $25-35/hr depending on experience.
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Organized and self-motivated, with a great work ethic
- Customer service-oriented
- Capable of working independently
- Fun to be around
- Able to pass a background check
- Technically savvy (online accounting & related apps)
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3 or more years’ experience as an Accountant/Bookkeeper
- 2 or more years’ experience using Xero accounting software
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
- Ability to work in a confidential work environment with sensitive information
- A location and equipment for work conducive to the requirements of this job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You might have:
- A Xero certification
- Experience with Expensify
Knowledge or experience in any of these is desired.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Zoom (video conferencing) – requires video camera
To apply for this position, email the following information to the address below.
- Subject: Accountant/Bookkeeper Position Applicant
- Body of email: A letter introducing yourself
- Attachment: Resume in pdf format
This position is open until filled.
Paperless submissions required.
Edward O. Paschich, Paschich Design Group
In 1976 I built my first house. It was a “Solar Adobe.” I went on to “Environmentally Responsible,” then to Tire Houses, Straw houses and even a small Daub and Wattle building pursuing Sustainable building.
Santa Fe Civic Housing Authority completed the first 111 affordable LEED for Homes units in the Santa Fe area – Villa Alegre Phase 1 and 2. The project broke ground in June of 2010 and achieved platinum certification in November of 2012. The... Read More